Wednesday, October 1, 2008

INSANE Sunspot Lab!!!

Yesterday we looked at data from 1961-2006 the showed the number of sunspots that occur each year. We wanted to be able to tell if sunspots occur in a cyclic and predictable pattern that would allow humans to be prepared for the negative effects that they can produce. We also saw video that showed the beauty of the Aurora Borealis which is caused by matter released during sunspot activity. The graphing was extremely difficult but all students managed to produce outstanding results. In the end we determined that, like many things in nature, sunspots are indeed cyclic and predicatable. We should see an increase in their numbers in the year 2011. Some students need special tools to assist in their graphing and looked quite silly while wearing the googles.

Very Stylish!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Wiech, you need to update your blog! Something from within the last 78 hours would be good. I missed you terribly in class today. That was just a beginning to what ended up being the worst day of my high school year so far. Not that I'm blaming you or anything. Not seeing you threw me for a loop is all. I wish I could've seen you at least once during the afternoon. You would have called me by my new nickname, the one you came up with. I should go now. I'll miss you.
P.S.- Say hello to your girlfriend for me, if you know who I am.